Paper Money - Paper Tales

Monday, October 23, 2006

How Rude! Buyers Strutting Thier Stuff Like Peacocks!

Here's a fine example of seller outrage! In this excerpt taken from GardenWeb's Buying and Selling Homes Forum, a seller is having a really hard time coping with the new realities of the housing market.

**

I'm in the NE & all the "Winter" States understand that selling at this time of the year in the NE is not a good idea & the closer we get to November & the Holidays the worse it is to sell a home.
My first sale in August ( I sold it on the first day) fell through. I put the house house on the market for the second time at the end of September. It's been a struggle since then. Although my house is priced right & in great shape, the buyers are non-existent in my price range. The starter homes are still selling, but homes over $500,000 are sitting.

Anyway, my point is that out of the four-five legitimate showings in 3 weeks, I may have a possible "bite".

However, I am furious how the prospective buyers & their realtors are acting. Now that it has become the buyers market, they have gotten totally rude & disrespectful to the seller. They expect the seller to jump hoops.
I get a call from a realtor that "these people" who have seen my house twice (spent 1/2 hour the first time & 1 whole hour the second time) are strongly considering my house....now listen to the rest of the conversation-

The realtor: "They love your house. Of course, you understand that they have other options...and they want to (DON'T HAVE TO)get their house READY & sell it so they don't have to carry 2 mortgages..."

OMG, I bit my tongue! I didn't say much other than..."well, we cannot wait either...whatever"

What kind of buyers are those? Buyers from hell?
The realtor doesn't care which house she sells them (mine or another option). She is manipulating them so she gets their 2 commissions.

I am so sick of buyers being treated like gold and the realtors are trying to take total advantage of the sellers. This realtor is obviously giving me a warning that the buyers are in the drivers seat (I would have to reduce the price & give them terms), by telling me that they have other options to look at. They want to sell their home...blah, blah, blah.

Buyers sre walking around, strutting their stuff like peacocks. I got news for these buyers, I am NOT considering them as buyers because the time it would take to get this deal done would bring us to Spring. It would be easier for me to take the house off the market for the Holidays & re-introduce it afterwards, rather than dance "this TANGO" with them.

Why are buyers acting this way? They will be sellers too.
What makes them think that they will buy low, get their terms & torture the seller? I'm not a mean person, but I hope they will get theirs. Then they'll understand their actions when they try to sell their home!...and what's this with the buyers making general statements that the prices have to come down? THEIR prices have to come down too when they sell! I'm only asking 4-5% increase per year (12yrs of owning), which is unheard of in this town. Some peole are asking triple from what they paid 3 years ago.
Anyone else experiencing rude buyers & realtors?

3 Comments:

  • Boo frickin' hoo. Welcome to the new reality.

    Buyers have come a long way from the days of feeding the squirrels!

    In fact, I think this seller should be required to write a 500 word essay entitled "Why you should buy MY house".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • I think that sellers are very spoiled today. As a buyer I don't think that I should have to spend my time trekking around looking at houses and bartering with sellers. No, in fact I think that as a buyer I should be able to post and ad describing what I'm looking for in a house and let sellers come to me with offers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    They buyers are disinclined to acquiesce to your request of a speedy sale.

    It means NO! You have to sell now, I don't have to buy right now:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Top Real Estate Blogs Blogarama - The Blog Directory